Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thing Twelve



Ahhh Google. I loved Google before I knew about all of this fancy stuff it had to offer. I created an iGoogle account and I am in love. When I set it up, it asked my to select my interests, I checked Humor and Entertainment. It is GREAT! I'm just saying, if you choose Humor, you get a comic on your homepage everyday! Check 'em out above. I couldn't resist.

Google Translator is also pretty legit. I used it a lot in high school to complete my Spanish homework ;-), but in all seriousness, it is a pretty cool tool. You can translate anything! Which is a handy tool to have, knowing that it is easily accessible to you whenever you need it (to incorporate a phrase into your lesson to get the students listening, to actually communicate with a student who speaks a different language, or to translate the homework for a student). Once again, I am amazed at what Google has to offer, which makes me love it even more <3

:o)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I agree with you. Google Translator is pretty legit. I also use Google Translators for a spanish class and it was very useful to me. Your right, it also can help teachers communication better with their students who a different first language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Google translate to communicate with ESL students and it is amazing. Quick and easy to use..especially when there is no aide available to help.

    ReplyDelete