Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thing One


To be a Highly Effective Lifelong Learner, there are 7 1/2 Habits that are suggested. The easiest one for me is Number One: To begin with the end in mind. I begin the semester, not looking forward to the class but, by seeing the "light at the end of the tunnel", knowing that it really does go by faster than I think and that I will feel a sense of accomplishment when the class is finished. The hardest habits for me are Number Two: Accept responsibility for your own learning and Number Three: View problems as challenges. I have never been one to enjoy studying or to enjoy learning, I see school as something that has to be done-I have to go to school to be able to have a good job. Unfortunately, when it comes time for me to study, I do not "jump the gun" and begin studying in ample amount of time, I wait too long and then forfeit my own learning experience. I also have trouble seeing problems as challenges, if I have two papers due in the same week, I automatically go into a state of panic rather than challenging myself and then feeling a sense of achievement when the "problem" is gone. These habits not only help you as a student, but in everyday life. A new goal of mine is to begin being a Lifelong Learner and incorporating these wonderful habits into my life as a student and as an adult.

Have a superfluous day! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment