Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thing Sixteen

  • Which start page did you choose? Why did that one appeal to you? Will you make it your permanent home page? I chose iGoogle as my homepage. I had to create an iGoogle account in a previous blog post, and I am in love! It is my new favorite. It has everything from the weather to top news.
  • How can the online calendars be useful to you? They can help you, as a teacher, to keep up to date with your class schedule and to keep you on track with upcoming dates, etc.

  • What about the to-do lists—helpful, too much work…? I REALLY liked Remember the Milk. This site is an online task reminder that sends an email to you (and if you regularly check your email or get your email sent to your phone, you should never forget anything ever again!).

  • Did you find a tool that has some uses for you at the school or at home? Which tool(s) would you recommend to others? Before I had taken this class, I was already familiar with the application on Macs (Stickies). I, personally, frequently use the Stickies to use as reminders for my to-do lists for the week and since I am on my computer a good majority of the time, it is really helpful.
This blog assignment was very useful to me, lots of different tools and ideas that can be used in our personal lives and in our roles as teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment